Attending your appointment.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions, particularly relating to general health and Covid-19 staus. All these questions are confidential and securely recorded. You will be asked these questions again when you attend for your appointment.
- We will ask you to use the hand sanitiser provided as you enter the practice and we will provide you with a facemask to wear whilst you move through the building
- We will no longer be able to provide magazines or newspapers in the waiting area since thse items are difficult to disinfect.
- Our water fountain for drinks provision has been removed, so please make sure you hydrate adequately before your visit
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This may mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment
We are scheduling patients so that there is a reduced number of individuals in the reception area at any one time. Here is what you can do to help us:
- With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone
- Hydrate, and brush your teeth at home before your visit
- Please only bring essential items with you. Try to leave coats/bags at home or in your car
- A distance of at least two metres should be observed if another patient is present in the reception area
- Please do not arrive early for your appointment. If you are travelling by car please wait in our car park and call us to let us know that you have arrived. Alternatively, please wait in our porch area by the front door and wait to be admitted. We will let you know when to come in
- Please try to use toilet facilities before you attend the practice. Our toilets are operational but are likely to be reserved for urgent use
- Please do not attend the practice unless you have an appointment
- Payment should be made by card if at all possible. We are working towards the capability of taking remote payments
- Staff will not shake your hand, but please don't take this personally. We are grateful that you have chosen us for your care.
Thank you for being so patient with us during this period. Your dental care is important to us so please do not hesitate to call if you have a question.