Emergency Dentistry

If you need emergency dental care, then please ring us right away on 01386 442207.

Out-of-hours support

If you are calling outside of our opening hours, then please ring us on the number above and listen to the information in our answerphone message.

Our answerphone message includes the details of the on-call dentist answer service. Once you’ve called this number, you will be asked to leave a message with details of what has happened. You will then be contacted by an on-call dentist.

The service operates from 5pm – 9pm throughout the week, and from 9am – 6pm during weekends and bank holidays.

Please note, this service is provided by a rota of local dental practices, and your call may be answered by a dentist from a different practice.


What counts as a dental emergency?
If you experience sudden swelling, pain and a lot of discomfort in your teeth and/or gums, then please contact us. We’ll be able to talk through your issue and decide whether or not it needs emergency treatment.
What should I do if I lose a tooth?
If you lose a tooth, it is important to contact us as soon as possible. If the tooth is still intact, gently rinse the tooth with water by holding it by the crown. Don’t scrub the tooth, as this could damage the delicate root. If it’s possible, try gently inserting the tooth back in the socket to protect it before you get to the dentist. Otherwise, put the tooth in a sealed container with milk.
What should I do if I lose a filling?
If you lose a filling, call us to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. You can use dental cement (available at pharmacies) to temporarily cover and protect the tooth while waiting for your appointment.
What should I do if I have a large amount of swelling?
Swelling is usually caused by an infection and needs to be treated quickly with an emergency dental appointment to prevent it spreading. If you also experience difficulty breathing or swollen eyes alongside the swelling, please call us immediately, as these are both symptoms of the infection spreading.
What should I do if I have a jaw fracture?
This type of injury requires immediate medical attention from your local A&E department, as a severe head injury can be life-threatening. Depending on the severity of your fracture, you may need surgery, which would be carried out by a doctor, rather than a dentist.
What should I use to treat a toothache?
If you experience a severe throbbing, it’s possible that you have a fragment of food stuck between your teeth, which can help to be dislodged with thorough brushing and flossing. If this doesn’t resolve the pain, and it doesn’t go away after a few days, then please call us, as it is possible that you may have an infection that needs treatment.

We look forward to welcoming you

Why choose Albert Road Dental



Payment Options

Convenient hours

Dedicated Customer Service